Monday, 14 March 2016

50km Charity Bike Ride :: Brain Tumour Alliance Australia



Today, it was a very good day to go cycling. I rode 50km on my bike. The maximum temperature was 21 degrees Celsius. I was cycling very fast. The fastest was 28.5km per hour. I rode faster and faster and faster. The slowest was 1.9km per hour.

It was a quiet on the roads and paths in the morning from Surrey Hills to Birrarung Marr.
Uncle Yan and Aunty Nhan met up with us on their bikes just before Birrarung Marr. We all rode together to Port Melbourne.

My dad and sister met up with us at Port Melbourne (they drove). They were my support team (bike racks, spare tubes...and they brought my riding gloves!). The best thing was eating ice-cream. Mine was Paddle Pop! banana flavoured. It ended up dripping on my high viz jacket. What a mess!

Then, I rode with Uncle Yan and Aunty Nhan to the city. We had lunch together on Evan Walker Bridge. They then rode on home, while we continued on our journey. Thank you for joining me on this trip.

Moomba Festival was on and we had to walk our bikes at Birrarung Marr. There were people everywhere and they walked in all directions!

Finally the big ride up Prospect Hill Road. I saw my friends, Chris and Tom and their parents at Canterbury Primary School. I also saw my friend's Chris' mum. They cheered me on.

Finally, I had a nice bubble bath. I had a great day...the best day ever.

























3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Thomas, and well done. We are all very proud of you. Will be cheering you on for the 100 km.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Thomas! We are proud of you. Raja said you are awesome! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb work Thomas! We are all very impressed and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete